UrbanGrowth NSW would like your feedback on the draft principles that will inform the creation of a draft masterplan for the Bays Market District, including a rejuvenated Sydney Fish Market.
Download our brochure that explains our approach to developing the Bays Market District masterplan (PDF, 1.5MB)
The Bays Market District is one of eight distinct yet linked destinations in The Bays Precinct Urban Transformation Program. In 2015, UrbanGrowth NSW undertook extensive engagement with the community to prepare The Transformation Plan: The Bays Precinct, Sydney. This informed the NSW Government’s vision for the Bays Market District, which is to:
- rejuvenate the Sydney Fish Market and expand the fresh food offering, creating a world-class Bays Market District connected to the water
- provide compatible housing suitable to living on the edge of the CBD
- seamlessly integrate the District with Wentworth Park
To guide the transformation of the Bays Market District over the next 20-30 years, UrbanGrowth NSW has engaged FJMT to work with UrbanGrowth NSW and our stakeholders to develop a masterplan for the District.
The masterplan area, as illustrated in Figure 1, includes:
- land along Bank Street, Pyrmont
- the current Sydney Fish Market site
- land at the head of Blackwattle Bay on Bridge Road, Glebe
- water in Blackwattle Bay
Figure 1 The Bays Precinct masterplan area